CODE OF CONDUCT
The Oslo Vikings code of conduct is a set of rules and guidelines that must be followed by all of our club members. These rules are put in place to ensure that we have zero negative or disrespectful behavior towards teammates, coaches, opponents and referees.
- Respect your club, teammates and coaches.
- Support and help your teammates or coaches.
- Respect your opponent. Display sportsmanship win or lose.
- Respect the referees no matter what the call.
- Make each practice your masterpiece.
- Be early, prepared and focused for each practice.
- Be welcoming to all new players.
We will have zero tolerance for:
- Any use of banned or prohibited substances
- Walking out on your teammates in games or practices.
- Fighting in games or practices
- Not following our Code of Conduct
If any of these rules and guidelines are broken, a coach will speak with you and ask you to leave the practice or the game. You will then have to wait for your head coach to come over and speak with you. If you are sent home, you are expected to show up prior to the next organized team event (practice or game) and speak with your head coach, player rep and positional coach.
- If it is a matter that requires a more drastic or well thought out solution you will be asked to meet with a disciplinary committee.
- The disciplinary committee will be composed of : Head coach, Player representative and Club President or Sports Leader. If you are a repeat offender you will also be asked to meet with the disciplinary committee to discuss further action.
- If a player feels like he has been mistreated by a teammate or a coach, please address this with a member of the coaching staff. This will be addressed by the Head Coach.